Editors Note: Jeremy Sanders returns to explain why Black Lives Matter is an evil organization. This article was updated 06/09/2020 to reflect BLM training a paramilitary force.
Is it Scriptural to support the Black Lives Matter movement currently sweeping across our country, or the violent protests breaking out in cities across our land? The media, tech companies, businesses, and politicians are all apologizing for the rioters and excusing their behavior (Just see CNN, MSNBC, or interviews with “peaceful” protestors excusing the violence. Even “Christians” are showing their support for the rioters, some openly excusing the riots and looting, some supporting the movement behind these riots, the Black Lives Matter movement. By doing so, they are supporting a movement that is antithetical to God’s Word and Biblical Christianity. Indeed, given the beliefs of this organization, it is not an exaggeration to say this organization is one that flows straight from the gates of hell.
Several Evangelical leaders on Twitter voicing sympathy with the rioters.
The problems with the movement are many. It is based on a lie, the narrative that “black” lives do not matter to the overwhelming majority of the country and that “blacks” are being disproportionally killed in this country. Practically every individual, organization, business, and government group condemned the killing of George Floyd and other “black” men unjustly killed. Furthermore, statistically, “black” men are not being killed or “hunted” as one prominent athlete claimed, on any systemic level, certainly not more in the total number or percentage than any other ethnic group. At least not by the police. By other “blacks”, well then you might be able to make that claim considering 85% of “black” deaths are perpetrated by other “blacks”. Just check out the FBI crime statistics to verify this fact. Given that Black Lives Matter is currently training a paramilitary arm, expect the violence to escalate.
Not only that, but the movement is also tied to an anti-God, anti-Scriptural organization based on cultural Marxism, a philosophy that has killed hundreds of millions in the last century. A simple review of the BLM belief statement bears out the fact that they are a godless group. They support transgenderism, homosexuality, the breakdown of the Biblical family, Marxism, and defying lawful conduct. Their implicit and often open support for these rioters is also demonstrated by their public pronouncements and actions. See below:
It is amazing how applicable Scripture is to our current situation. Take Proverbs 1:10-16, it could replace any of the nightly news stories concerning the riots.
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit: We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil: Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse: My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
A couple of points.
- Notice, that it is the individual’s responsibility to avoid such people and not consent to participate or associate with evildoers. The end of the passage says to avoid such people. The “peaceful” protestors shielding these people and supporting their ideology are not refraining from the path of evil. Christians should avoid such people or organizations supporting such lawlessness.
- The evil people are lurking for innocent blood. Not only that, they “make haste to shed blood”. Remind anyone of what the rioters did to David Dorn or David Underwood?
- The Bible says the evil men are as those that go down into the pit (hell). The rioters are unleashing a taste of hell on earth through their actions. Thus, without being flippant, it is perfectly reasonable and right to say the Black Lives Matter movement that organizes, supports, and even leads such behavior is a movement straight from the gates of hell. (See commentary on John 8:44 for further support of this point).
- “We shall fill our house with spoil” what a perfect way to describe what these rioters and looters are doing, and it is being excused by large portions of our society.
- “Let us have one purse” is the exact philosophy of the Marxists organizing these protests. Isn’t it amazing how the Bible predicts and condemns such a philosophy that is now being supported by these protestors, the left, and sadly even many Christians?
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
A couple of points:
- The lusts of the father you will do. Satan is all about power. He has always lusted after power, which is why he rebelled against God (See Isaiah 14:12-14)
- “He was a murderer from the beginning”. Pretty much everyone, and certainly every government organization condemns the murder of George Floyd. The silence from the majority of the left and BLM on the murder of David Dorn, David Underwood, etc. and hundreds of thousands of other innocent black men, women, and unborn babies is deafening.
- He speaks lies: Satan is the father of lies, something the left and certainly, the BLM movement is encompassed by falsehood (just observe the false narrative the organization is built around or the way they portray the death of Michael Brown as an example).
You will notice that anytime a Christian criticizes the movement, they are instantly attacked by the world, and even other Christians. Of course, the Bible predicts this too. Let us examine 1st Peter 4:2-4.
That he (a Christian) no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
A couple of points.
- Notice we are not to live according to our lusts, but to God’s will. Thus, we are not to let our desires control us.
- The world will think it strange that we do not participate in a riotous lifestyle.
- The world will criticize us for not doing so, and for pointing out the error of such a lifestyle
One last Scriptural reference. Romans 13:1-7 demonstrates how Christians are to respond to the government.
(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. (2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: (4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. (5) Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. (6) For this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. (7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
A couple of points.
- Christians are to obey the government and be subject to its power as it is ordained by God. (Vs 1-2)
- Rulers are to punish evildoers and reward righteous behavior (Vs 3)
- City and state governments are doing neither by allowing the violence to continue
- Governments are following this ordinance by punishing George Floyd’s murderer
- Governments have the authority to execute capital punishment on those convicted of capital crimes. Police have the authority to kill evildoers in self-defense or the defense of others (vs 4)
- George Floyd’s death does not meet the criteria of point 5. Numerous other deaths protested by the BLM movement, Michael Brown being the most noteworthy, were justifiable and meet the criteria of verse 4.
Given what Scripture says, no Christian should support the Black Lives Matter movement. It is a movement that denies the authority of Scripture, the saving grace of Jesus Christ, and is an organization whose beliefs are centered around philosophies from hell, not the principles of Scripture. As such, it is no exaggeration to say it is truly an organization straight from the depths of hell, to be avoided by all God’s people. There are other ways to show support and assist the suffering in the “black” community without being tied to such a vile and satanic organization.
While the organization itself is evil, all lives, including “black” ones, matter because all humanity is made in the image of God. If “black” lives mattered to Black Lives Matter, they would be protesting outside Planned Parenthood which murders thousands of “black” babies every year.
Do you know what’s going to happen when you die? Are you completely sure? If you aren’t, please read this or listen to this. You can know where you will spend eternity. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to talk to you.